VISUAL EFFECTS ARTIST (129)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Independently deliver a wide range of high quality visual effects for the project in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction.
• Produce high quality effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
• Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
• Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance;
• Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
• Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
• Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
• Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good working knowledge of relevant 3D software with particular emphasis on fluid simulation and rigid body dynamics tools (e.g. FumeFx, Rayfire, Realflow etc.);
• Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
• Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects for texture creation;
• Good working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems;
• Good understanding of node based shaders and their creation;
• Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
• Good understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials and post processing (e.g. colour grading etc.);
• Familiarity with data management software (such as perforce);
• Understanding of workload management software/principles (Jira) is an advantage.
• Knowledge of video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• 2 – 3 years’ experience in game or film visual effects or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training;
• Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 19th July 2017
Closing date for applications: 18th August 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.