Position at SEGA European Head Office
1 YEAR FTC
COMMERCIAL PUBLISHING TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE SVP OF COMMERCIAL PUBLISHING
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We've got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn't love that?). But that's only the beginning - we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
Reporting to the SVP of Commercial Publishing, you will sit in the heart of the Business Development, Commercial Data and New Content teams. You'll act as the lynchpin for these teams, ensuring that they're connected, timelines are met & communications are managed efficiently.
In addition to strong organisation and project management skills, the role demands constant high-quality communication and relationship management with all members of the team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work in a collaborative, dynamic and challenging environment where no two days are the same. If you're interested working with teams who are focusing on new technology, SEGA's commercial output, bringing new IP to life and repurposing old SEGA IP, then this may be the role for you. This position is very varied and would suit a self-starter who's keen to carve out this new role and make it their own.
- Managing shared online workspaces and departmental trackers, processing documentation to ensure all information is up to date at all times
- Create new trackers and processes to improve efficiencies where appropriate
- Archiving & centralising data & reports
- Scheduling internal & external meetings, ensuring attendees are notified in good time, are available and supporting services are working. Then pulling together meeting materials/content from colleagues, post-meeting distribution of minutes as well as tracking and following up all outstanding actions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Passion for Videogames; either as a fan, industry member or both
- Microsoft Office 365 (specifically Teams, Planner)
- Operating & Managing Shared workspaces
- Online conferencing; Zoom, Lifesize
- Working as part of a commercial team
- Experience of working with multiple partners, external & internal
- The ability to manage upwards and pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out
- Motivation to complete tasks on own initiative
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Confident and professional in dealing with senior members of the company
- Flexible and able to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Calm when working under pressure
- Able to build and maintain trust and present with confidence
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.