Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: Create the best strategy games with the players' help!
Based in Paris, our studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world on major AAA titles. Since Amplitude's creation in 2011, we have released Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend, all set in the same Endless Universe and all critically acclaimed.
We have a very special working method based on an open crowdsourced development process called Games2Gether. This platform enables the community to participate in the creation of our video games from the early stages of development. Today, this methodology enables us to fulfill the expectations of our players while earning international recognition for the quality of our productions.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer to assist our Web Developer in the conception and implementation of our new Games2Gether platform. Specifically, we are seeking an autonomous candidate with strong front-end technical skills and the ambition to become a front-end developer specialist.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing the new Games2Gether platform, including:
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility
- Participating to updates with the Marketing Team to report on the progression of the project
- Anticipating the possible difficulties / delays regarding the feasibility of certain features compared to the original design and proactively proposing adapted solutions
- Once the platform is launched, you will also:
- Develop new additions required on the website / implement modifications
- Monitor and maintain the platform, ensure it continuously runs properly
- Fix any issue quickly and take on a proactive role by searching for and suggesting potential improvements to the Marketing and Management teams
Additionally, you will occasionally work on other topics such as newsletter development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field
- First experience in front end development
- CRM knowledge (emailing, events,…) is a plus
Required skills and profile
- We strongly recommend proficiency with either AngularJS, NPM, Bower, Grunt/Gulp/Brunch
- Proficiency with C#, ASP.Net MVC5, Rest or OOP would be a significant plus
- Capacity to work autonomously with some creative and design guidance
- Willingness to learn and strong intellectual curiosity to use the latest and greatest techniques!
- Staying current on new technologies in web-based application development
- Creative skills and ability to form a critical view on the proposed features for the platform, their relevance and impact on the ergonomics and clarity of the website
- Strong empathy with the users, with an ability to judge the appeal of the platform for Amplitude's community, in particular paying close attention to the ease of use for both seasoned and beginner users of the website
- Take on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change