THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer. As our in-house Engineer, you’ll make use of your prior technical experience in game development to create multi-platform games for Android and iOS. You’ll work with other client-side and server-side engineers to design and implement systems and architecture for games. Together with a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help develop tasks, workflows, and processes for the successful and rapid development of high-performing, stable, and continually evolving products.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design and implement systems and architecture for games.
- Implement game enhancements, features, and bug fixes, including performance and footprint optimizations.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code.
- Provide regular feedback on improvements to game design, processes, workflows, or tool chains.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years with C# and/or Unity.
- 3+ years with object-oriented game/mobile languages such as Objective-C, Java, C++, or AS3.
- Must have a strong interest in the social and mobile gaming space; we actually encourage you to play games and provide input in their design.
- Superlative written and verbal communication ability; you have worked with cross-functional teams.
NICE TO HAVES
- Shipped a commercial Unity mobile game.