AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, among other games. Relic was founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles, and have a life.
Relic is based out of beautiful Vancouver, Canada, a city that has breath-taking mountain and ocean views, along with snowboarding and skiing, golfing year-round and amazing hiking trails. If you love games, enjoy working collaboratively with smart, creative people, and have diverse personal interests outside of work – you’ll enjoy our culture.
As a Network Programmer, you will...
As the Network Programmer, you will possess outstanding communication skills and will be capable of working with a team of programmers in the design and implementation of our online and multiplayer feature set.
- Assist in the development of the server infrastructure needed for our next generation of games
- Hooking up network features to the game using our in-house proprietary server technology
- Extending the API,adding new features and creating screens that go with these features.
- Design and implement systems for stress and functional testing
- Design and implement security, deployment and monitoring features
- Own technical relationships with internal and external partners
- Create and maintain a code module, tool, or team process with minimal direction
- Ensure acceptable usage of coding standards, processes, pipelines, and tools
- Ensure deliverables are set and completed within time and quality expectations while adhering to and advancing internal standards
We are looking for someone who has...
- 2+ years in a Network programmer type role
- Strong Knowledge of C++
- Experience with C# and Java
- Demonstrable Object-Oriented design skills
- Proven knowledge of networking protocols and compression schemes
- Experience writing multithreaded code and distributed algorithms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Education in Computing Science, Engineering or Mathematics Courses.
- Ability to balance multiple on-going projects
- Ability to understand and leverage complex third party software
It's a bonus if you have....
- Steamworks AWS/Google Compute Engine or similar
- Server security technology and techniques
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Developing software for both Windows and Linux Web service protocols
- Cluster development Database deployments Java.
- Bonus skill: spatial partitioning