About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As the Weapon Concept Artist on Dirty Bomb, you do not only have an odd affinity for weapons, but love designing anything hard surface; guns, props, gadgets & deployables are your thing! Additionally, you possess in-depth knowledge for how mechanical things work and care deeply about the functionality of your designs. Details, details… details - you love details down to the last pixel. Does this sound like? If so, you might just be a great fit for our Weapon Concept Artist role on our Dirty Bomb team!
- Create believable and inspiring concept art for various hard surface assets such as weapons, gadgets, deployables & more
- Create solid artwork that may include everything from thumbnails to orthographic designs to polished illustrations
- Work with art leads to ensure that designs fit within the look and feel of the world/universe
- Collaborate with other departments including 3D, VFX, animation, and game design to make sure concepts fit within vision for gameplay and final execution
- May be tasked with creating concept artwork beyond the boundaries of hard surface, including characters/costume, props, marketing artwork, and environmental assets as needed
- Adhere to schedule and meet deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games
- Strong weapon design and illustration skills
- Strong understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting, and color
- Strong grasp of real world weapon (and vehicle) functionality and design
- Basic understanding of 3D, experience creating designs to be translated into 3D
- Expert in Photoshop, Painter, or related software
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Concept art skills beyond weapons a major plus
- Vehicle concept art skills a major plus
- Training in traditional art mediums (painting, sculpting, etc.)
- 3D art skills a plus
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.