About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London. We're all about discovering and nurturing talent to help us craft engaging multiplayer experiences. Most recently, we launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb and Gears of War 4 for Xbox One and PC. We're now expanding our team for exciting new AAA projects and are looking for future UI superstars to help us make them happen.
As a Splash Damage UI programming intern, you will assist with implementing, testing and optimising new UI elements all whilst writing robust and maintainable code. You will partake in discussing best practices with other programmers to improve code structure as well as soliciting feedback from programmers and designers.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 2017 or before completion of a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, game programming or a similar field or partaking in active development within the mod or indie community
- Demonstrable portfolio of programming experience (personal or professional)
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Passion for gaming and familiarity with Splash Damage games
- Good verbal and written English skills
- A passion for good UI!
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Familiarity with game development
- Familiarity with other languages (ActionScript, Python, etc.)
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.