SR. ANIMATION PROGRAMMER
Programming | Montréal, Québec, Canada
• Collaborate closely with the animation team to develop breakthrough animation technologies.
• Program the elements related to the game animation;
• Work in collaboration with animators and tool programmers in order to improve the production processes;
• Provide management and coaching for the Tools Programming team;
• Work in collaboration with other Leads in order to determine the technological needs of the project while coping with the project constraints;
• Manage and maintain a task planning system aimed at reaching the milestones of the project;
• Evaluate and distribute tasks in the Tools Programming team based on the individual strengths and expertise of each team member;
• Participate in the interview process for the Tools Programming team;
• Optimize animation tools;
• Establish the technical possibilities of the different functions requested by the animation team;
• Ensure that newly developed systems function properly and respond to established needs.
Experience and Qualifications
• University degree in programming, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent training;
• Senior Animation Programmer : 6+ years experience in the industry as an Animation Programmer;
• A minimum of 1 published title– at least 1 as an Animation Programmer in the gaming industry;
• Excellent knowledge of C++;
• Knowledge of animation principles;
• Experience with plugins/scripting, 3dsmax/Maya is an asset;
• Ability to manage time independently;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Motivation and Interests
Passion and ambition for video games are essential!