About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As a Lighting Artist on Dirty Bomb, you will utilize your strong understanding of lighting and composition to help create stunning and inspiring environments, scenes and experiences. You will work very closely with Art Direction and Design to ensure our maps are not only fun to play and visually impressive, but also carry forward the narrative of the ever-evolving Dirty Bomb universe.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting including dynamic, static, cinematic, and character setups
- Work with Art and Design to create compelling and dramatic lighting scenarios for gameplay and cinematics
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Match the established visual style for the game with lighting execution
- Develop and implement new techniques into the lighting pipeline
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games
- 3+ Years of industry experience, preferably focused on lighting
- Working knowledge of modern lighting techniques
- Working knowledge of technical art and performance pipelines
- Self-motivated and the ability to work and solve problems with minimal assistance
- Highly organized with the ability to adhere to production schedules
- Well-developed communication skills and strong work ethic
- Candidate must submit an online portfolio to be considered
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience working with UE3
- Training in traditional art mediums (painting, sculpting, etc.)
- Experience with lighting using a Physically Based Renderer
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.