About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is famous for crafting blockbuster multiplayer experiences from our studio in Greater London. Our recent projects include multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb and Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented superstars to help build them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
Splash Damage is looking for an Audio Director to guide our talented team in crafting outstanding audio experiences for our players. In this role you will inspire, support and empower our audio designers to deliver their best. You will define, champion and hold the audio vision for our projects and maintain alignment through every stage of development.
As an Audio Director you will:
- Define the audio quality in collaboration with our Project Directors and Leads.
- Motivate and inspire the audio team, enabling them to pursue their passion and excel in their areas of expertise.
- Maintain and support alignment in the team for the audio style & mood for our projects.
- Mentor, coach and manage the audio team with regular 1-2-1s, setting objectives and supporting a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and audio direction.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have been Audio Lead or Director, with several years' experience developing AAA titles.
- Worked with script writers and voice providers to ensure Dialogue is of excellent standard.
- Ability to communicate with composers and direct the composition of music.
- Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions.
- Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod.
- Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper.
- Experience in mixing and mastering of linear media such as trailers and cinematics.
- Ability to design game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways.
- Have experience directing Foley, and working with Foley providers.
- Be able to oversee and assist in supporting a localisation pipeline.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.