We're kicking off an exciting new project here at Splash Damage and so we're looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join the leadership team to define the look and feel of the worlds we're creating.
As Lead Environment Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director and be responsible for creating, establishing and maintaining high quality environments for our project.
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable environments
- Drive the visual quality in conjunction with other Lead Artists
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Motivate & inspire the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Manage the art team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team's welfare and providing mentoring
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the environment team
Essential Skills and Experience
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D & texturing packages and supporting 2D tools
- Strong 3D modelling (both organic and hard surface) and texturing skills
- Experience of environment pipelines and efficient memory management
- Highly experienced working with multiple texturing workflows for current (PBR) and previous generations, capable of creating well defined and readable realistic assets.
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of atmosphere, shape, texture, colour and lighting
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Management of an experienced environment art team
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 5 years+ experience in a creative art role
- Minimum 3 shipped titles where credited as environment artist
- Knowledge of real-time shaders
- Strong traditional art foundations including but not limited to Sculpture, Conceptual design and illustration including lighting or colour keys
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Experience working within Unreal engine 3+
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.