About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As an Outsourcing Producer on Dirty Bomb, you will take ownership of the planning and organization of the external art, localization, engineering development as well as crowd and scale testing. At Splash Damage we aim at leveraging outsourcing round out our content and delivery schedule to deliver the best product possible. We already have art and engineering directors with ownership of the creative and technical vision, who provide feedback to vendors directly daily, but they need support with the long-term planning, securing of external resources, and management of the vendors themselves in order to succeed.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- Maintain and cultivate long-term positive vendor relationship
- Negotiate favorable contracts to secure good terms, rates, and talents
- Plan and book external capacity to guarantee the best external resources are always available whenever needed
- Anticipate resource needs, both short-term and long-term, from sometimes uncertain and fluent design decisions.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and help shepherd the internal processes forward to keep production running smoothly without interruptions
- Support the internal assistant art and engineering directors, who are responsible for the day-to-day interactions with vendors, if issues need to be escalated for quick resolution
- Facilitate communication between all teams to realize overall goals and make sure deadlines are met and issues surfaced swiftly
- Track status of art assets, including making sure supporting materials required for production is properly prepared, communicated, understood, and followed externally
- Assist external project managers in the creation and execution of art schedules and resource plans
- Gather accurate data and prepare financial reports, such as monthly, quarterly, and annual spending, both actual and forecasted, for the executive producer and studio management team
- Look to expand the studio's outsourcing efforts where further efficiencies, savings, and/or quality improvements can be made.
- At least 5 years prior game industry experience including direct experience with outsourcing and vendor management
- Able to solve complex production problems efficiently with a track-record of doing so already
- Knowledgeable of art content and engineering production pipelines from ideas, briefs, workflows, and team dependencies etc.
- Ambitious and relentlessly focused on high-quality, high-fidelity results
- Comfortable in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment, embracing changes and accepting revisions if needed to improve the game
- Master of both agile and waterfall production methods, able to discern which approach to take based on the situation
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and JIRA
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.