About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As a Systems Designer on Dirty bomb, your responsibility is to design, balance, monitor and fine-tune the game's progression and gameplay systems to reach high standards in player retention & engagement.
In collaboration with Design, Art, Gameplay and Analytics you will be identifying and developing features that fit within Dirty Bomb's long-term vision and cater to our present and future players.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in Game Design involving systems design and maintenance/tuning of live systems
- Excellent understanding of MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong understanding of player psychology and how game systems can reach different types of players
- Experience as a developer and/or an avid player of First Person Shooters
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of the F2P market, both AAA PC/Consoles as well as smartphones
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
- Have MMO experience with games based on a virtual-goods business model
- Undergraduate degree in Video Game Design, Computer Science, Marketing, Entertainment or a form of technical training
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.