About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As a Technical Designer on Dirty Bomb, you will be responsible for prototyping new features and modes, effectively laying down track for the various strike teams and inspiring them with your work. You will also use your technical background to identify areas for improvement in existing content and pipelines, allowing the development team to deliver content in a highly efficient manner and at top quality.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- A deep understanding of all aspects of design with mastery in many areas including; feedback, controls, balance, game-feel, usability
- At least 2 years of industry experience in a Technical Design or related position
- Experience in creating first or third person shooters
- Experience with 3DSMax, Maya, or other professional 3D modelling software
- Experience of prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE4, UE3, Unity, or similar
- Experience with C#/C++
- Experience with Unrealscript/Kismet
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing high quality and thorough design documentation
- Experience with design documentation, diagram and flow-chart creation, including wiki-based design documentation and spreadsheets
- The ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines
- Strong maths skills; formulas, probability, statistics and balancing
Preferred Skills and Experience
- One shipped AAA current gen or last gen (PS3 / Xbox 360) console or PC title that featured a multiplayer component
- Strong problem solving skills including lateral thinking
- Deep player empathy
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products and other business software including: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Undergraduate degree in Video Game Design, Computer Science, Marketing, Entertainment or a form of technical training
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.