Being a Marketing Lead at Wooga is a rare opportunity and challenge. On one hand, you'll need to roll up your sleeves and participate in all aspects of live operations, distribution, customer communication, and service evolution - on the other, we have the resources for you to pursue your creative ideas, your strategic market awareness, and your consumer psychology awareness to make Wooga's Marketing efforts really stand out in the games industry.
As a matter of course you'll leverage email, push, Social Media, performance and brand advertising, market and user testing to reach our millions of existing customers, and millions more as the games grow.
Then, we'll want you to take those amazing IP's, and expand and extend them outside the boundaries of the game into transmedia experiences that transcend even the most successful individual products.
If you feel like you're up to the challenge, we're excited to meet you!
What you will be doing:
- Ultimate responsibility for growing some of our live game businesses, using all capabilities the publishing and development teams offer. Together with the Product Lead - you'll own the P&L for properties that generate tens of millions of dollars per year, with the goal to grow those into the hundreds of millions.
- Own every aspect (strategic and tactical) for marketing, advertising, monetization, branding, licensing, virality, and community development as levers for increasing the ROI.
- You'll be deeply embedded within the Product Team, working side by side with developers, artists, Product Managers, and Game Designers that will give you the resources you need to extend, expand, and evolve the properties we create together.
- Within Publishing, you will be working with a number of great teams who have deep expertise within their functional area, be it e.g. User Acquisition, Product Marketing, CRM or Player Experience.
- Access to a deep well of customer behavior and product performance data that most marketers can only dream of.
What you will bring
- You have knowledge across multiple marketing channels and have combined them to create meaningful and tangible benefits on a product, service, and brand - or better yet, multiple products and services united under a single brand.
- Comprehensive, proven ability to turn data and customer insights into actionable business and marketing plans - and then execute to the highest quality.
- Ability to coordinate multiple functional and partnership groups, including high-profile external partnerships.
- Experience operating and communicating effectively on a senior leadership level in small- and mid-sized organizations.
- Experience and awareness crafting and executing effective marketing across geographic boundaries and speaking to international audiences.
- Passion for games and creating entertainment properties that have a meaningful impact on players lives.
- A wealth of experience in brand / product marketing experience in consumer focused categories on products or services with global reach.
- Proven ability to set a vision, aim high, and lead a team to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Strong working knowledge of both Digital and Traditional marketing techniques, technologies, and tools.
- Deep familiarity with the mobile game market products (professional and/or as a player).
- Understanding of SaaS business models, and experience with marketing services with high customer loyalty and long-term customer relationships.
- Marketing degree (Bachelors) or equivalent combination of education and experience.