About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As a Game Designer on Dirty Bomb you will be responsible for a number of major features or areas of the game, driving end-to-end quality of implementation across the team. You will be key to creating awesome system and features that leave our players clamouring for more!
You will regularly communicate out development progress against our quality, scope and game vision expectations. You will work in the trenches with the team, discussing and explaining the rationale behind your decision-making and listen; iterating on feedback from other disciplines, Designers or Dirty Bomb players. Where necessary you will prepare messaging for your features for the community, and interact with them directly.
You will define and implement feature optimisations and tuning plans demonstrating a strong understanding of metrics, development restrictions and relative value to our community; you will own the tuning, polish and ultimately execution of the features that you "own".
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- At least 2 years of industry experience and 1 shipped AAA current gen or last gen (PS3 / Xbox 360) console or PC title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on from beginning to end
- The ability to work independently without close supervision
- Experience in creating first or third person shooters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation, diagram and flow-chart creation
- Experience working with statistical models in spreadsheets
- Experience of prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE, Source, or similar
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc.)
- The ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Presentation skills and experience with PowerPoint
- Traditional art skills
- Experience with 3DSMax, Maya, or other professional 3D modelling software
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Experience with scripting or programming language
- Experience with wiki-based design documentation
- Undergraduate degree in Video Game Design, Computer Science, Marketing, Entertainment or a form of technical training
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.