A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft is currently seeking an UI/UX Designer (Video-games on smartphone and tablet) to assist the UI/UX Director to join our production teams.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for studying/produce UX and UI for our games on smartphone/ tablet.
As expert in ergonomics and graphic design, you will contribute to conceptualize and produce appealing interfaces which follow / enhance the art-direction of the in-game content. Your inputs will offer solutions that are intuitive (ergonomics), functional (architecture) and aesthetically pleasing (design).
Daily missions include:
- Collaborate with team to translate game systems and gameplay user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game look and experience
- Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the World UI/UX Director and imagine solutions that help to increase accessibility and inform design decision making game-wide
- Produce Schemes of global flows with detailed requirements in collaboration with the local Game designer, and to share with the Head Quarter
- Collaborate and participate with artists locally to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning regarding the World UI/UX Director expectations.
- 2-3 years experience in web/multimedia/video games design
- Knowledge of various web and smartphone application types
- Able to produce material in line with current trends
- Comfortable taking initiative in terms of graphics, brainstorming, research, and suggesting graphical and ergonomic trends
- Expert knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Expert in after effect/flash for motion effect, transition menus
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Able to work in a team
- Very good general knowledge of graphical trends and Flows. Particularly in smartphones application (TV, web, video games, professional applications, etc.).
Skills and Profile:
- You must have a passion for AAA games and websites with added graphical value and you must visit forums dedicated to web/app interface design/ video games, icon design and multimedia page layout on a daily basis
- Your graphical/ergonomy standards allow you to create graphical combinations that are contemporary and trendy
- You are able to create pictograms, icons, buttons and their effects, and you have skills in multimedia page layout and associated typesetting choices.
- Portfolio showing your sense of artistry and polished execution
- Experience in a video-game /web/multimedia/ agency is a must
- Very good English skills
- Finesse and very good quality of work are essential.
Why join Gameloft?
- Excellent Social Benefits (Medical insurance package, Gym facilities and swimming pool, free for employees, on site cervical massages on a regular basis)
- The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package
- Career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Why Join Gameloft Cluj?
- Cluj is “the Heart of Transylvania”: a cosmopolitan European city and an important destination for business in South-Eastern Europe, with a remarkable potential for foreign investments
- It is one of the most welcoming cities in Eastern Europe
- Cluj succeeds in combining its history and architecture with the fresh and young atmosphere created by the city’s over 80.000 students
- Our studio is a very ambitious one, with a fast growth - it opened in 2010 and we are now proud to have over 500 employees
- Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference.
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.