About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As a 2D Game artist on Dirty Bomb, you'll be responsible for creating and polishing a variety of high quality art and illustrations to be used throughout the title.
Working closely with both the Art and UI teams, you'll be creating items for the in-game store, producing icons, and posing and painting-over 3D characters and environments.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Design and set up scenes for in-game screenshots
- Pose and paint over 3D characters to a cinematic quality
- Paint in-game Store items such as cases, boosters, and Loadout Cards
- Create various UI elements such as icons
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong talent for photography, image composition and scene lighting in general
- Proven artistic background/experience and graphic design skills
- A strong grasp of anatomy, with an innate understanding of dynamic and realistic character posing
- Solid concept and illustration skills, with the ability to take an image to an extremely polished end result
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CC
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Illustrator CC Be self motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Have a passion for games!
Desired Skills and Experience
- Art-related degree
- Ability to produce high quality renders of game assets in Maya
- Understanding of game engines and knowledge of up-to-date graphics technologies and their implementation
- Experience with Unreal Engine 3
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.