Game Programmers (C++) - SUMO INDIA
More information about this job
Sumo Digital, the largest independent video game developer in the UK, are looking to expand their C++ game Programming team at Sumo Video Games Pvt. Ltd. in Pune, India.
Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital’s Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360) and LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, and at every stage of game development.
These ambitious plans for growth make 2017 a very exciting year for Sumo and we are looking for highly talented and dedicated Programmers who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments to help us to make it happen!
Role and Purpose
We need the best game programmers in India to continue to build a world class development team to work on AAA titles on Console, PC, iOS and Android.
This is an extraordinary opportunity not to be missed!
- You will play a key role in the development and growth of our programming team in Pune.
- You will be working closely with our UK development team and will undertake a 4 week training visit at our UK studio.
- You will have the opportunity to work on multi genre AAA games on all platforms – Console, PC, iOS and Android.
- Work with existing codebases to port from one platform to another.
- Write additional platform specific features as required.
- Identify and communicate technical requirements.
- Work with remote teams to resolve technical issues.
- Support the Sumo India Art team.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Strong C++ abilities.
- Experience with either iOS, Android, PC or Console.
- Experience using source control systems (e.g. Perforce, CVS, SVN or GIT).
- Strong maths skills.
- 2-5 years’ experience in the games industry.
- Scripting (python/perl/etc...).
- Graphics systems (3D graphics, animation, camera control, lighting).
- Networking experience (TCP/IP, UDP, both client-server and peer-to-peer).
- Memory management experience.
- Experience with Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo consoles or Windows advantageous.
- Co-ordinate work for a small team of programmers.
- Produce milestone and platform submission builds.
What We Offer
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an excellent working environment and the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most exciting and recognisable video games.
3-4 weeks onsite training at our UK head-office
Interview Schedule Time Line:
- Job post closing date: 18th August
- Test results submission last date: 1st September
- Interview invites : 11th September
- Final round of interviews with our Group Tech Director & Programming Manager : 25th September.