Environment Artists - Traveller's Tales
We are currently looking to recruit a number of fixed term Environment Artists into the Art team based in Knutsford.
The main responsibilities consist of:
- Responsible for creating in-game environments compliant with the game design, both technically and aesthetically.
- Creating 3D models using packages provided (Maya, Z-Brush and Photoshop).
- Creating and applying 2D textures – create and apply texture maps to the specification set by the Lead Artist.
- Lighting environments – ability to apply good lighting principles to all artistic output.
- Creating materials/shaders – Diff/Spec/Norm maps etc. and being responsible for the final look.
- Setup of dynamic lighting, post effects and basic scene animation via in-house editors.
- Ensuring work/level hits all memory and frame rate guides/restrictions – optimisations/LODs etc.
- Understanding that changes and amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Attend regular reviews of their work (and present all concept and ref used).
- Constructively feedback any concerns of design impact on level/work.
- Other tasks as required.
- Work with Art Leads and other artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of environment assets.
- Contributing original ideas towards all aspects of the project.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good demonstration of skills through CV/Showreel/Website or Art Tests.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Maya, Z-brush and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of in-house tools and software used in development.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent artistic ability.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and a link to your online show reel/portfolio by clicking APPLY NOW