Programmers - Game Mechanics - Traveller's Tales
We’re looking for bright, talented & motivated people to join our Game Mechanics department on an 18 month contract basis. We have a variety of positions from front line development to lower level system work based at either our Knutsford or Wilmslow offices, both at senior and non senior programmer levels. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain some invaluable experience as we restructure our underlying game engine, whilst working on AAA game titles.
- Analyse and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game system that must be developed.
- Comply with all coding standards, ensuring the creation of high quality, performance-minded coded.
- Maintenance of existing game mechanics.
- Fixing issues on the Jira database as directed.
- Liaising with Artists to provide assistance in the use of technology.
- Document and clarify requests of Artists for new technology and improvements to existing technology.
- Understand the concepts of the LED editor system that forms the basis of existing and future game mechanics.
- Clarify the design of new game mechanics with Associate Lead / Head Programmer to ensure consistency.
- Exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of game development.
- Provide time estimates for non-trivial Jira issues.
- Implement gameplay for non-standard game mechanics and levels, including game bosses.
- Document new systems on Wiki.
- Produce and maintain editors based on the LED system.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Mentoring Programmers and Junior Programmers with direction from Lead Programmer.
- Advise leads on matters relating to ensuring that cross team systems address the needs of the end users.
- Develop an understanding of existing systems, and their current code structure
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitments to projects / tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
To apply please send your covering letter and CV by clicking APPLY NOW