Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 nations work together to develop top titles for a global audience. Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great games for mobile has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
About the job
From its humble beginnings in Berlin's burgeoning startup scene of 2009, Wooga has emerged as a worldwide leader in the booming mobile games industry. Building and engaging a globally-minded, diverse company of 250 game specialists in Berlin in just eight years was no small feat, and one that wouldn't be possible without our world-class HR team.
We are seeking to bolster to this award-winning team with the addition of a Senior HR Business Partner. As part of a small team embedded into one of our internal studios, you will be sought after as a trusted advisor on organisational structure, leadership, employee engagement, and much more!
More specific responsibilities include:
- Use a combination of tools (surveys, PeakOn, etc.) and regular meetings with employees across disciplines (Art, Engineering, Product, Publishing, and Services) to continuously gauge what's going well and what could be improved in the organisation.
- Advise and coach managers on techniques for effective leadership, engagement, and nurturing of their teams.
- Develop an understanding of what learning and development opportunities would be most impactful to a company like Wooga and execute trainings, both in group settings and 1:1 coaching sessions.
- Evaluate current benefit offerings and make recommendations that align with our values and mission.
- Play an instrumental role in managing change in our organisation from concept to execution and communication.
- Day-to-day answering of employee queries regarding contracts, career development, and organisational changes.
Who we are looking for
- Proven experience as an HR Business Partner.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of our organisation.
- Expertise in change management, organizational design and development, training and leadership coaching, and compensation topics.
- Strong command of German labour laws.
- Creativity to innovative new approaches, policies, and procedures in HR.
- An affable and unflappable disposition which lends itself to quickly building relationships both within and outside the HR team.
- Fluent English is essential. German language skills would be a big plus.
- Experience working in startup is ideal. Any additional experience in a more mature organisational cultures would be a plus.
- Passion for games is a plus.