Future Games of London is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and
Tablet games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create wholly owned and original IP which by May 2017 had achieved over 470 million downloads worldwide following the success of Hungry Shark Evolution. The long-awaited Hungry Shark World, which was released May 2016 is already a smashing success with over 10 million
Future Games of London is seeking for a talented, diverse and ambitious Junior Programmer - Server Team with a passion for mobile games and specifically implementing and running backend services and tools that empower them. Reporting to the Lead Server Programmer the main responsibilities of the Junior Programmer - Server Team will be to implement various modules for the backend, create front end web tools, automated testing, assist with dev ops culture and also isolating and resolving faults. The candidate will work closely with the entire Server team on a range of tools and systems, old and new, providing the chance to make a real difference to our games and processes. This is a rare opportunity to learn and develop a server career within the mobile gaming industry at a great studio, surrounded by a wealth of talent in the heart of London.
- Ability in Java/C# with good understanding of object oriented development.
- Experience with HTML5, Angular JS and CSS.
- Exposure to several AWS services.
- Good debugger and problem solver.
- Can break down and estimate tasks accurately.
- Used Gradle/Maven
- Exposed to Java 8 and Spring Boot
- Worked with Redis/DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Agile development experience.
- Experience with DevOps and TDD Culture.
- Portfolio of any personal work showcasing front end web, backend services, or own multiplayer or dynamic mobile games.
- A great love of Hungry Shark World
FGOL offers its employees some great benefits which include flexible office hours, 25 days of annual leave, a pension plan, private healthcare, not to mention weekly football, birthday cakes, monthly breakfasts and a friendly and creative working environment.