Location: Remote/ London
My client is a London based award winning studio looking for a Technical Animator to join the team ND create smooth pipelines, develop tools and simplify workflow to be able to achieve visually stunning 3D animations.
- Responsible for driving daily animation technical support to animators
- Acting as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a game
- Ensuring art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Design and support complex character and facial rigs
- Cooperate on the skinning process for a variety of characters
- Keep up to date with new technologies and continue to improve on existing workflow
- Interact closely with animators and other team members to maintain and improve our proprietary animation tools.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production - from content creation through to the game.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, mainly animation and animation code.
- Knowledge of facial rigging/skinning (base on FACS)
- In-depth knowledge in one of 3DS Max, Maya or MotionBuilder and ability to learn and adapt knowledge to other DCC tools
- A minimum of one AAA game shipped as a Technical Animator
- Strong understanding of scripting languages such as MaxScript or Python.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve and work with minimal supervision
If you match the above criteria please apply!