SENIOR IT DEVELOPER
Founded in 1994, Frontier is an independent creator of videogames with a proven track record of delivery. Having completed transition to being self publishing, the organisation is now building on past success to grow across multiple franchises.
We are seeking a Senior IT Developer who is a self-starter. The role has responsibility for designing and implementing new projects to company requirements and the day to day maintenance of a wide range of core services.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, able to cope with pressures associated with handling multiple caseloads;
- Require experience of deploying, managing and developing for Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2, Ubuntu 14.0 and later, Centos 7.x
- Practical experience of running and maintaining SAN Storage platforms
- Experience of running and implementing Virtualisation platforms - Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, Nutanix
- Strong scripting/programming skills well-versed in two or more of the following - DOS Batch, C#, Java, Python, PHP, Powershell
- Experience of LAMP & WAMP stack on physical hosts and Cloud including Apache, Nginx, IIS, Tomcat
- Database experience - MySQL, Microsoft SQL
- Windows Active Directory infrastructure including DFS
- Strong understanding of Networking including VLANs, routing, VPN and Wireless
- Cloud solutions including AWS, Azure, OpenStack
- Knowledge of Cisco, HP or Dell network switches
- Experience of game or other development environment
- Worked with source control management software (Subversion, Perforce, etc)
- Worked with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.