We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Electronic Arts (EA) is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager on a contract, with a proven track record of negotiation skills and expertise. The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience in contract negotiation and strategic sourcing for Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work and Service Level Agreements.
You will have clear communication skills, an understanding of indirect procurement practices, and ability to have complete responsibility for projects from end to end. The ideal candidate is focused on being a value add facilitator as part of assisting EA internal business partners in meeting their operational and financial objectives.
What a Strategic Sourcing Manager does at EA:
- Drive increased value through direct negotiation and other sourcing methods with key suppliers.
- Listen to business partner needs, negotiate agreements to meet or exceed such needs.
- Organize and lead cross-functional teams to effectively engage suppliers.
- Perform market analysis and complete data gathering to develop/ support procurement decisions and strategies.
- Partner with and influence client departments on behalf of Global Strategic Sourcing and build successful relationships.
- Assist Business Partners as they manage on-going vendor relationships.
- Work with EA Legal Department and subject matter experts to create contract structures which maximize EA’s return for current and long-term vendor relationships.
- Analyze significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Understand business needs and requirements so that Purchase Agreements terms are complete, scalable and cost-effective.
- Assume full responsibility for performance, striving for excellence and with a desire to be part of a team.
- Perform spend data analysis et produce recommendations.
The next great EA Strategic Sourcing Manager also needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in strategic sourcing or procurement experience
- Experience with indirect spend focused on either technology, marketing or facilities
- Institute of Supply Management Certification or equivalent industry certification
- Negotiator: This individual will negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing with EA Suppliers for a range of products and services. They will be responsible for collecting contract requirements, developing contractual agreements, negotiating terms and presenting deals to senior management.
- Communicator: Deliver concise and clear email communications, explain complex business agreements with well-constructed summaries, and to develop and lead vendor negotiations.
- Facilitator: Address and confront difficult realities in a positive and constructive manner. This includes partnering with others to schedule, manage, and perform on numerous projects in parallel.
- Value Driver: Demonstrate a track record of increasing value with vendor agreements. For example, familiarity with the terms and deal structures which promote or ensure adequate delivery of services, reduce operational costs and/or reduce price.
- RF(x) Manager: Responsible for preparing RFI/RFQ/RFP documents with requesting departments, evaluating proposals, and assisting in the selection of bidders.
- Fluent in English is a requirement. Swedish, German, French or Mandarin language skills are a plus.
We appreciate the work contractors provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Brand new onsite cafe
- Our very own barista
- Games Area