We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Electronic Arts are hiring for a Financial Risk Analyst, the position is based in our Guildford (Surrey) office, reporting into the Finance Manager based in France. You will be responsible for ensuring that financial risks of the sales channels are correctly valued and recorded. These risks include provision for promotions and returning product (SRA), Inventory provisions and Retro discounts for the UK and several other key European entities.
You will be responsible for analyzing risk against channel management on return, price promotion, retro discount and inventory provisioning. The successful candidate will have strong reporting and communication skills, communicating to the corporate team on all significant financial risk situations in accordance with the regional Financial Director. Ensure periodic review of financial risks with Financial Director, Country Manager and FP&A. Support internal and external Audit review.
What a Financial Risk Analyst does at EA:
- Own the provision calculation for price promotions and returning product (SRA) for specific territories.
- Manage the review at month end to provide accurate provision calculation.
- Supporting the forecasting process.
- Analyze and review the P&L and Balance Sheet impact of the provision.
- Strong partnership with sales department on pricing strategy.
Retro Discount (Dependent on country)
- Estimate the year end retro discount for each customer and solve with commercial director and credit control all litigations due to this calculation.
- Review on monthly/quarterly basis the impact of inventory by territories.
The next great EA Financial Risk Analyst also needs:
- Business Degree or finance background, including strong accounting skills
- Excellent IT skills (Advanced Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills
- Proactive and problem solving attitude, organized and works well independently
- Strong influencing skills
- Motivated Self-starter with the ability to build and maintain relationships in a remote management structure
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Brand new onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area