Marketing Project Manager
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a detail-oriented, process-driven, and highly organized project manager to oversee and administrate marketing efforts across our gaming brands.
Over the course of our 14 years in the industry, Obsidian has sold millions of units, won a ton of awards, and – above all – we've always put our players first in every decision we've made. We want more gamers to know and experience the games we love to make – and that's where marketing comes in. The marketing team helps gamers the world over experience Obsidian's beloved brands in a meaningful and resonant way.
The project manager will oversee internal marketing initiatives, interfacing with all of marketing, game development teams, publisher partners, and third-party vendors to ensure every activity is organized intelligently and executed smoothly, while ensuring communication is open and productive. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of video game marketing, as well as the ability to communicate with both technical and creative personnel.
- Create and manage project schedules and work with brand and channel leads to ensure projects are completed smoothly
- Be the central point of contact for marketing and an information resource for internal development teams, publisher partners, and third-party vendors
- Optimize marketing project planning structure and process controls by iterating on existing structures and suggesting improvements or replacements thereto
- Compile and present progress reports on active marketing efforts using either our existing project management tools
- Proactively inform upper management of marketing plans across all brands and coordinate feedback from upper management to marketing channels and vice versa
- Constantly improve processes in place at Obsidian, suggesting new tools, procedures, guidelines, and personnel as necessary to ensure the highest levels of organization and efficiency in marketing
- Establish strong working relationships with marketing and development teams, understanding the needs and goals of each, and helping to drive processes that service both
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, project management, or similar field with at least 2 years' experience managing complex marketing projects, contemplating multiple brands, OR at least 4 years' experience managing marketing projects for a video game, "geek culture," or entertainment brand
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing process controls in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Proactive approach to working, must take initiative to identify problems in process controls, suggest solutions, and champion those solutions to execution
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational abilities, without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong communication abilities; ability to create and present clear reports on projects and process using tools such as Microsoft Vizio, JIRA, or PowerPoint
- Knowledge of game development processes and associated tools and technologies
- Love for video games, particularly RPGs.
- Shipped video game titles. PC titles a strong plus.
- MBA from a major university