Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have exciting opportunities within their highly talented and energetic game code team for game programmers at all levels.
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced individual to join the engineering team which is working on a sandbox AAA title for next generation hardware. As part of the gamecode group you will architect systems and features which empower the wider team to deliver immersive experiences and emergent gameplay scenarios. You should be somebody that lives to solve technical challenges and be the kind of person who strives to make a big difference to the whole game team’s workflow.
Whether you are fresh from academia, an industry veteran, or something in-between, we are looking to hear from you!
· Excellent C/C++ programming skills
· A strong academic background
· Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills
· The ability to analyse and break down design requirements into defined code tasks
· The ability to identify opportunities to optimise code in order to remain within performance and memory budgets
· The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code
· A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities
· Should be able to work amongst cross discipline groups in the delivery of shared goals
· Good written and verbal English skills
· Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction
· Ability to work with levels of supervision appropriate to the role
· Experience of console development
· Previous experience working in a specialist area. E.g. AI, Physics, Networking, Audio
· Tools and pipeline development
· A genuine interest in playing games
· Third party game engine experience
· Respond to and interpret requirements from the design teams
· Plan and carry out the implementation of features and gameplay systems
· Ensure high quality, commented and presentable code
· Adhere to company coding guidelines
· Provide examples of good coding practise and feedback (e.g. code reviews)
· Actively support other team members to pass on expertise and experience
· Communicate with the core tech department to ensure game code is supported by necessary engine features and pipelines
· Provide realistic time estimates and keep stakeholders informed of changes to these
· Monitor and keep project management software up to date with current work
· Utilize source control to stay up to date and frequently check in changes
· Maintain responsibility and high-level knowledge in feature ownership areas
· Provide readable documentation on features
· Support lead and senior team members in day-to-day tasks and administrative duties
· Engage in knowledge sharing (e.g. emails, wiki pages, coder catch-up’s etc.)
· Identify deficiencies in the current feature set and codebase
· Evangelize the capabilities of our systems and what they can be made to do with further work
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV and cover letter.
*Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.