Senior Big Data Architect
GameDuell is one of the leading casual games companies in Germany located in the heart of Berlin. With more than 125 million users we are constantly looking for ways to improve our product and our players` experience. In order to fulfill our mission of bringing people together to have a good time with games, we are following a solid engineering approach. The Senior Big Data Architect will be responsible for strengthening and further extending our data platform, which serves as a basis for analysis that drives decision making in the company.
What you will do
- Consolidation and optimization of the current Big Data infrastructure
- Extension and continuous improvement of the architecture and implementation of our Business Intelligence and Analytics platform
- Design and extension of data models
- Design of ETL processes
- Stakeholder management with different interfaces of BI, Product Analytics, Marketing, Data Science and Engineering
- University degree in the field of Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics, or similar
- 5+ years of relevant working experience with the design and development of database architectures
- Experienced in open source data technologies (Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Kafka, Storm, Spark etc.)
- Profound knowledge and experience with real-time streaming systems
- Experience with ETL, Reporting or BI tools
- Stakeholder management experience with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives and the ability to work on an abstract level
- Several years of experience in leading teams , excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to foster consensus on future-proof solutions
- Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German is an advantage
What we offer
- Demanding tasks and new challenges with significant opportunities to contribute to overall company growth
- One of the best offices in Berlin : the GameDuell office in Mitte!
- Frequent team events as well as inhouse tech talks from external IT experts
- A great, performance oriented, friendly, and international team looking forward to meeting you
- Flexible working hours
- Timeframe: Immediately, fulltime
If you are up for the challenge, then we look forward to hearing from you.