Senior Software Engineer
More information about this job:
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming.
The Senior Software Engineer (Generalist) will work closely with the Technical Director to develop innovative software solutions for our upcoming projects. This role will also involve close collaboration with artists and designers as well as helping to influence the technical direction of projects.
- Design modular and structured systems that can be used across game teams
- Integrate systems and techniques across the entire pipeline, from creation to its use.
- Assess and debug problems with our current technology.
- Research and development of new techniques to take the best out of current and new hardware
- Create and maintain technical software documentation.
- Participate in project planning and scheduling
- You can work with other departments and assess and address game systems needs
- You take pride in enhancing tools that empower artists and designers to get content into the game and iterate on content quickly
- Maintain a high standard of quality of work throughout the development process.
- You understand the competitive products in today’s market
- You use time effectively
- You communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner with staff at all levels
- You understands dependencies between own work and that of others in own area and across all disciplines and adapts work accordingly
- You are highly productive; completes work on or ahead of schedule, solve problems, deliver top quality
- You manage deliverables/features; and can juggle multiple priorities at this level
- You contribute to priority setting
- 7- 10 years’ experience with C++ programming and debugging
- You have strong 3D math skills
- You have strong skills in physics
- You have shipped at least one AAA product
- You have the ability to write structured and well documented code. With attention to detail
- You have Advanced knowledge of core game systems, hardware and development tools
- You are a specialist knowledge in at least two areas of engine systems
- You take active interest in enhancing current skills
- You demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in your own work
- You operate within established procedures and best practices
- You Collaborate effectively with others in same discipline across feature groups and cross-discipline as required
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is internationally known and recognized for our development of the highly successful Dead Rising franchise. Our most recent announcement of Dead Rising 4, the recipient of 11 awards at E3.