Associate Environment Artist (1-Year Temporary Fulltime)
More information about this job:
(1-Year Temporary Fulltime)
Capcom Vancouver is growing! We have 3 projects in play, 2 of which are unannounced. There is lots of work to be done! We need the help of smart, passionate and dedicated people to help us make our open world action games!
IS THIS YOU?
At Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, an Associate Environment Artist works within our existing Environment team under the direction of a Lead Artist, Art Director, and Game Designer. They collaborate in the creation of environments and props including: modeling, texturing, set decoration, and lighting.
We encourage our artists to contribute to the lighting, grey-blocking, and designing of game environments. You will be working alongside and learn from other Environment Artists and Game Designers on a daily basis, all of whom contribute to the creation of immersive living worlds with rich gameplay experiences, that look and play great.
- Grey-block, model, and texture environments, props, and collisions achieving the highest visual fidelity and technical quality possible.
- Work within the guidelines set by the Art Director and Lead.
- Self-manage time, meet deadlines, and work within budgets.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Lead, Art Director, artists, and designers.
- A comprehensive modeling and texturing portfolio showing a good range of environment art to a very high standard.
- Extensive experience using Autodesk Maya for modeling and Photoshop for texturing.
- Sculpting ability in ZBrush.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- A detail obsessed eye for creating and manipulating texture maps and an excellent understanding of the value of UV space.
- Self-motivated, positive, conscientious, energetic and organized.
- Able to accurately follow common goals and tasks while working under own initiative.
- Prepare work for outsourcing, assess and report on quality of incoming work.
- 1-3 years’ experience in environment art.
- Game console development experience is preferred.
- Complete tasks as assigned within required timeframe.
- Have shipped at least one AAA title a bonus.
- Diploma in art / related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter & Designer and ZBrush.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORK/PORTFOLIO SAMPLES REQUIRED: Please ensure your sample work or portfolio includes the following – It must demonstrate solid geometry, texturing, and UV creation skills. Materials and maps that demonstrate lighting and your environment planning process should also be demonstrated as well. For materials from past productions, please clearly describe which elements you contributed too directly. Online portfolios are preferred, but CD or DVD formatted portfolios can be forwarded to: Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, Inc. - #200 - 4401 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5C 6G9
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is internationally known and recognized for our development of the highly successful Dead Rising franchise. Our most recent announcement of Dead Rising 4, the recipient of 11 awards at E3, is one of the most anticipated new releases of 2016