Senior Technical Artist
More information about this job:
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming
Do bottlenecks in art pipelines drive you batty? Do you get that loving feeling after creating an intuitive and innovative tool to help your fellow artists? Are you constantly scripting new things in Maya, MotionBuilder or Photoshop?
If these questions have you nodding your head, then get with the program and contact us right away. You can be a big part of our art department by creating effective workflow and the tools to support
- 5+ years of experience in video games
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical artist role
- Ability to own multiple priorities and contribute to priority setting within a feature
- Take active interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones.
- May innovate in areas of craft and process.
- Demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in own work.
- Collaborate effectively with others in same discipline across feature groups and cross-discipline. Work closely with leads group across all disciplines.
- Act as a role model.
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Expert knowledge of at least one 3D package (preferably Maya)
- Finger on the pulse as the methods and techniques used to develop today’s very best game visuals
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
WHAT WOULD BE COOL:
- Strong experience with real-time shaders and vfx
- Experience with visual scripting or node-based blueprinting is greatly desired
- Experience with Unreal Engine
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is internationally known and recognized for our development of the highly successful Dead Rising franchise