We get games online.
Games are more connected than ever before, and we know that it is getting harder and harder for developers and publishers to keep up. With years of experience building and running AAA games online, we also know that each project is different. Fireline is our online backend solution. It supports all major platforms and comes with a fully featured tools suite. Games such as Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Batman: Arkham Origins have benefited from our experience. Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game, fully supported by the world class services of Fireteam.
Fireteam is growing and we are looking for someone to help us drive our operational capabilities to the next level. With continuous improvement to our systems and processes you will make it easier for us to automate and scale our services to larger volumes of users.
Working in this position your primary responsibilities will be to keep our live systems running ensuring scalability and availability. Day to day tasks can range from improving deployment times to tracking down why we have a sudden increase in IO load on one of our servers.
Technologies Currently Used
- Python, Flask, React, Bootstrap, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Engage with development teams for initial design, development, test and release.
- Drive continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Automation of processes for testing, deployment and scaling.
- Operational support of live services.
- Ensure high availability of systems and services.
- Ability to problem solve issues with hardware, applications and network setups.
- Rapidly expand services to meet the needs of our games.
Required Skills and Experience
- Understanding of development, operations and testing.
- Experience in managing cloud and bare metal infrastructure.
- Experience in managing network stacks and firewalls.
- Familiarity with Ansible or similar provisioning tools.
- Knowledge of Linux systems.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.