About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Last year, we launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We're currently working on Gears of War 4 and several other high-profile projects on PC and console. We're looking for talented artists to help make them great!
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Concept Artist to add to our growing team, to help us achieve the quality we strive for on our current and upcoming titles. Working closely with Art Directors and Art Leads you will be tasked with developing concepts from the initial concept stages through to polished production illustrations with your team of concept artists. You should be experienced in both design and illustration and you should have a strong understanding of art fundamentals like anatomy, form, function, perspective, light and design.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Create high quality photo-realistic production concepts by painting in Photoshop.
- Iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails.
- Create clear communicative illustrations of finalized designs.
- Work with the Art Director and Art Team to create and maintain high quality visual designs.
- Collaborate with the design team to solve problems where art and design meet.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong portfolio of work with varying range of genres and styles.
- Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting.
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail and scale.
- Ability to create functional designs.
- Excellent communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback.
- Video game studio experience and shipped titles.
- Passion for game development and working closely with other disciplines.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong traditional artistic skills.
- Good self-motivation and self-management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of multiplayer games.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.