About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. In the last year, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We're now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented artists to help make them great.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be responsible for Splash Damage's Technical Art team on Gears of War 4.
By setting great examples and helping to mentor more junior developers, you will lead the team in planning and implementing solutions to support all aspects of game development. You will maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines on the project, and work with other Technical Artists in the studio to improve general development practises.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience of pushing the technical limits and ensuring the Art team can work efficiently and comfortably.
As Splash Damage's Lead Technical Artist, you will:
- Manage a small, skilled team of Technical Artists
- Drive the planning and implementation of game, editor and standalone art tools
- Investigate run-time performance and propose optimal solutions
- Prototype, develop and improve content creation pipelines
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior or Lead Technical Artist on shipped titles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Passion for games and game development
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine, especially UE4
- Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Experience with outsourcing processes
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.