Fireteam doesn't only create backend services for games, we also help development teams with integration and do custom development for them based on our expertise. As an online services engineer you will work with our clients to improve their games or build features for them, but also work on the SDKs for Fireline. We find that the best way to get a great SDK is for it to be written by a developer that actually uses it and has experience shipping games.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Collaborating with a team of developers on the platform services
- Collaborate with game teams developing desired features
Required Skills and Experience
- Experienced web backend developer
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Linux systems
- Familiarity with developing with web services
- Experience with React framework desirable
- Experience with python development desirable
- Self-managing and collaborate with your team to own every project from beginning to production
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children (Equivalent of £1500 a year)
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership (Worth up to £720 a year)
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.