About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
We are looking for a talented VFX artist to help us build world class effects for Dirty Bomb. Our ideal candidate should exhibit both technical skill and artistic talent and have a passion for creative problem solving, as we want Dirty Bomb to look awesome on a variety of system specs. The role requires close collaboration with all other disciplines and therefore needs to have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Drive the creation of game-play and environmental effects
- Effectively communicate and motivate the team, providing feedback and mentorship
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to improve game-play choices and Programming to maintain our performance requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have worked on at least two published titles as a VFX artist
- Needs to be proficient in Max/Maya, Photoshop, and Unreal editor (or similar)
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints imposed by console and PC technology
- Strong understanding the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how to use VFX to provide gameplay feedback
- Exceptional ability in optimizing VFX to run at the speed and fidelity needed by e-sport multiplayer shooter games while looking great
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
- Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
- Passion for problem solving and pushing boundaries
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.