About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're now expanding our team for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
As an Audio Programmer at Splash Damage, you will be responsible for implementing and improving the audio systems of our games. Reporting to the Lead Core Tech Programmer, you will work with the Audio and Core Technology teams to design, implement and support systems, pipelines and tools that will enable both the Gameplay and Audio teams to create high quality games on multiple platforms. With a focus on clarity, reusability and performance, you will not only contribute to the creation and deployment of new Audio techniques or middleware, but also improve, maintain and document the existing Audio-related code base.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with Audio development
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Math skills
Prefered Skills and Experience
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 3 and/or Unreal Engine 4
- Professional experience with Audiokinetik's Wwise and its Unreal integration
- Professional experience with gameplay and multiplayer programming
- Multiplatform and Console development experience
- Experience with localisation pipeline
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page