About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. This year so far, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on the PC and completed Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One. We're now expanding our team for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
As Technical Art Director, your role is to apply a strategic vision for content and tools, foster and grow the internal teams and provide leadership and guidance. You'll oversee two projects, collaborate with the studio directors and liaise with partners, helping to define and improve content creation processes within the studio.
By setting a great example and helping to mentor more junior developers, you will lead the team in planning and implementing solutions to support all aspects of game development. You will maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines on the project, and work with other Technical Artists in the studio to improve our development practices.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience of pushing the technical limits and ensuring the Art team can work efficiently and comfortably.
As Splash Damage's Technical Art Director, you will:
- Supervise and direct two skilled teams of Technical Artists
- Guide and drive the team's approaches to content creation and tools
- Prototype, develop and improve content creation pipelines
- Spearhead R&D efforts for tools and new technologies
- Create, organise and lead training across the Art Team
Essential Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Senior or Lead Technical Artist on shipped titles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows
- Extensive application scripting experience (e.g. Python, MAXScript, MEL Script)
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Passion for games and game development
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine, especially UE4
- Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Experience with outsourcing processes
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.