About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're now expanding our team for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for UI superstars to help us make them happen.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Senior UI Designer to help us craft stunning and intuitive user interfaces for an upcoming title in one of gaming's most beloved franchises.
As a Senior UI designer, you'll be driving the user interface from planning all the way to ship, inspiring your team with your solutions and problem solving skills along the way. You're comfortable with a high level of autonomy and can make smart decisions with the information at hand.
You know how to refine complicated concepts and systems into user-friendly interfaces and understand that small details matter just as much as the big picture. You're a great collaborator and excited to work with other designers to develop their concepts and ideas.
Representing the UI design team to both internal and external stakeholders, you're able to effectively communicate your solutions both verbally and visually. You also enjoy mentoring and developing other UI designers on your team and beyond.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Participate in project planning at roadmap and sprint level
- Drive the visual style of the UI, including user flows, wireframes, production-ready mock-ups, and animations
- Review implementation and work with our UI engineers to get around tech limitations
- Represent the UI design team in stakeholder meetings
- Champion UI design best practices while maintaining quality, efficiency and consistency
- Manage and mentor more junior members of the UI design
Required Skills and Experience
- A very strong background in UI design; you've worked on at least two shipped titles from start to finish and know Photoshop and Illustrator like the back of your hand
- Player-centred approach to UI design, with strong knowledge of design processes and methodologies
- Exceptional fluency in current and upcoming design as well as typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- Solid understanding of animation principles and the ability to visualise UI animations in AfterEffects or Flash
- A proactive attitude and strong teamwork skills; you enjoy working with others to create solutions and can provide direction and feedback to more junior designers when needed
- Solid time management and organisational skills; you can plan at both roadmap and sprint-level and get the job done without close supervision
- Excellent communication skills; you're able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels
- A passion for games UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience managing more junior team members
- Experience in user research and focus testing
- Experience working with UMG
- Experience with UI certification requirements for consoles
- Experience with Agile development practices
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.