About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
We are looking for a talented Weapon Artist/3D Generalist who will be modelling and texturing fantastic weapons for Dirty Bomb. You have meticulous attention to detail and can build stunning weaponry based both on real-world reference materials than stylised custom designed assets. You'll also be using your passion for great art to regularly suggest and drive positive improvements to the game, both visually and as a whole.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Create outstanding weapons under the direction of the Art Lead.
- Work closely with other members of the art team to ensure a consistently high quality of output from the team.
- Create inspiring assets while ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech art to maintain performance requirements.
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years professional video game development experience.
- Ability to create high quality, game-ready, efficient, weapons.
- Strong understanding of Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance and either Maya or 3ds Max.
- Understanding of the game art pipeline and workflow.
- Understanding of the impact of performance in multiplayer games.
- Good communication skill and ability to work well in a team.
- Willingness to receive and appropriately respond to critique from the Art Lead or and others in the team.
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills.
- Strong interest in playing video games.
- Adaptable and versatile: a can-do attitude.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in Unreal Engine.
- Experience in free to play multiplayer games.
- Traditional art background.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.