About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Most recently, we launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on the PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One. We're now expanding our team for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for UI superstars to help us make them happen.
As Splash Damage's Senior UI Programmer, you will use your passion for games and your outstanding programming skills to create memorable user interfaces for our current and future games.
Capable of great autonomy and reporting to the Lead UI Programmer, you will work with Splash Damage's UI and Gameplay teams to plan, build, and maintain the front-end and in-game user interfaces for our games. You will apply your expertise in UI middleware as well as your programming skills to create user-friendly interface code and assets with a focus on performance.
As a senior member of the programming team, you will also help define and champion development methodologies, contribute to technology roadmaps for your field of expertise, and participate in staff development by sharing your knowledge.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in a senior UI programming position on at least 1 shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Experienced and proficient in common UI middleware, such as Scaleform or UMG
- Experienced and proficient in Python
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Maths-related field
- Experience developing in UnrealEngine 4
- Experience integrating user interfaces with online services
- Experience managing or mentoring other UI programmers
- Demonstrable appreciation of usability conventions in relation to UI
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
- Experience working in small, focused teams
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children (Equivalent of £1500 a year)
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership (Worth up to £720 a year)
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service (at its lowest offered employees £250)
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.