About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. In the last year, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We're now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented artists to help make them great.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Lead Artist to help us build stunning and inspiring art for an upcoming title. You'll be inspiring the team and maintaining the quality bar while collaborating with Design to ensure the game looks great and plays fantastic. You will help establish maintain and drive the artistic vision for the game. You will oversee discipline leads, help drive workflows, establish visual bars for quality and oversee the team to enabling them to realize the vision. You'll lend your strength to the team making the role your own based on your skills and talents.
As a Splash Damage Lead Artist, you will:
- Help establish and drive the visual quality in collaboration with Leads
- Motivate the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and visual direction
- Demonstrate your artistic capabilities as the schedule allows
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design ( including understanding of composition and colour )
- Good artistic knowledge of game development workflows and pipelines (Modelling, Mapping, Texturing and World Building)
- Passionate about world building and gameplay
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Inspirational artistic skills
- Experience of mentoring and supporting a development team
- Understanding of production and management ( planning, scoping )
- Further specialism within art such as lighting, VFX, Animation or Concept Art
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children (Equivalent of £1500 a year)
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership (Worth up to £720 a year)
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.