- Québec City, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 450 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Artistic director (AD) is responsible for the artistic content and quality for an entire project. The incumbent will also ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision in an effort to maximize the player’s experience.
* Set out the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine;
* Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to his team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents describing the artistic direction;
* Validate the work carried out by his team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter by making the vision accessible and ensuring that it is well understood;
* Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the project manager, technical director (TD) and the programming team;
* Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.);
* Carry out all other related tasks.
* College diploma in an artistic field oriented for video game or equivalent.
* B.A. an asset.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in the video game sector or other relevant experience;
* Experience in his trade at all game production phases;
* 2 years’ experience as an assistant AD an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to provide constructive feedback;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Ability to communicate a vision;
* Good artistic judgement;
* Ability to maintain good relations with colleagues;
* Attention to detail;
* Ability to Influence;
* Be visionary;
* Time and priority management skills;
* Stress and change management skills;
* Extensive artistic culture an asset.