Technical Localization Specialist
- Québec City, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 450 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Technical Localization Specialist direct the compilation, analysis, extraction, integration, and debugging of in-game text and subtitles in the localized versions of video games.
* Evaluate the internationalization of the game to be localized;
* Define and develop formats and tools for organizing localizable text assets and more generally recommend/contribute to the implementation of technical innovative solutions to streamline the localization process;
* Coordinate the extraction and integration of data to be localized;
* Format and organize these assets in preparation for the translation process;
* Collect and deliver contextual information to facilitate the translation process along with technical guidelines and answer vendors’ questions;
* Track (and manage if relevant) changes to source script content in conjunction with the localization project manager and the production team;
* Analyze, fix, and/or re-assign localization bugs;
* Provide technical support to external integration teams and other third parties;
* Create a localization closing kit for subsequent versions;
* Contribute to localization community mandates;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
University Degree, Professional College Degree or equivalent in Localization/Translation, Computer Science.
Two years of experience in localization within the entertainment industry on AAA projects or any othe relevant experience.
* Great attention to details
* Ability to analyze and prioritize
* Strong ability to adapt to changing situations and pressure
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong sense of organization
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
* Mastery of English required, functional French
* Knowledge of a third language is an asset
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, e.g. formulas, macros and add-ins, VBA, etc.
* Knowledge of challenges related to multilingual and multicultural dimensions
* Knowledge of source control software (Perforce) is an asset
* Knowledge of character encodings (Unicode, UTF8, ANSI, ASCII, etc.)
* Knowledge of database principles (among others bug databases)
* Familiarity with videogames, the videogame industry and the process of game development (first party terminology)
* Knowledge of object-oriented programming, esp. Visual Basic and Visual C# is an asset
* Online experience is a major asset