Communications Director - Gears of War - The Coalition
The Coalition are seeking a Communications Director with a passion for Gears of War to oversee the studio’s community engagement and ESports programs, liaise with Marketing and PR partners, and lead the editorial direction of content to be published via our social media channels/blogs. You will collaborate closely with a variety of teams within The Coalition and Microsoft to develop and support global communications programs tied to Gears of War.
You will need to be a self-motivated, independent leader with proven experience managing a large community within the entertainment industry. You must be able to proactively identify key community engagement opportunities and strategies, while anticipating business needs and implementing solutions across a multi-faceted organization. You will also be working with numerous external partners across ESports and gaming to help build and foster relationships.
• Lead the design and execution of all community engagement programs for Gears of War.
• Provide editorial direction, planning, and guidance for our community publishing efforts.
• Manage relationships with global community partners such as fan sites, influencers, and volunteer networks.
• Share player feedback and sentiment with developers and other teams through data and analysis.
• Help develop and strategize key marketing and communications programs with global Xbox teams for the Gears of War franchise.
• Support the development of the Gears ESports program with long standing partners, including tournament organizers, sponsors, and internal teams within Xbox.
• Act as public representative of The Coalition in online channels, at community events and with media/press.
• Provide excellent community support to players, customers and forum members through various channels such as forums, streaming services, messaging, emails and social media.
• Track, manage, prioritize, and follow up on a high volume of community issues and marketing related assets simultaneously.
• Demonstrate diplomacy and fairness to all community members.
• A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a communications and/or community role for a large game or entertainment brand.
• Experience managing a major gaming, entertainment, or technology blog/web publishing outlet.
• Extensive experience in numerous social media channels and the analytics behind them.
• A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with shooter games, preferably the Gears of War franchise, its communities, ESports, and the gaming space in general.
• Strategic thinker with strong execution and communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization.
• Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines.
• Able to organize thoughts and make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
• Able to travel, including international travel, and work non-standard hours as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or equivalent work experience.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.