Senior Game Framework / Engine Developer
Work in Berlin for one of the leading cross-platform games communities ! With over 70 games on our own website, social networks and mobile devices, GameDuell is Germany's largest games community .
As Senior Game Framework / Engine Developer, you will actively help to shape an exciting area of our company and will be the driving force in the design and development of our Unity/C# game framework . You will work with our creative team of developers and product managers, as well as our graphic designers.
- You will be part of our game framework team , alongside our Chapter Lead, and have the opportunity to create our new Unity game framework from scratch
- Contribute to architectural decisions and deliver high quality code
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of framework libraries and new features
- Support our game project teams by building tools and systems to bring our game development to the next level
- Participate in all aspects of an interactive software development process , including design, investment estimation, production, testing, debugging, maintenance, and support
What we expect
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in at least one object-oriented programming language (especially C# or Java, Objective-C, Swift and C++)
- At least 3 years of experience in the development of game engines or frameworks (including cross platform) , especially for iOS, Android, and WebGL
- Profound knowledge of modular programming , API design, and game architectural patterns (e.g. Entity Component Systems, MVC or MVVM)
- A commitment to test-driven development as well as continuous integration and deployment
- A university degree in computer engineering, computer science, or similar
- Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German is very welcome
What we offer
- Engaging tasks and new challenges, the chance to make an impact in shaping our technical direction
- A first-class, innovative, and diverse product using open source technology
- Independent work with interesting possibilities for your personal development
- A versatile, friendly, and international team that guarantees fun on the job
- One of the best working environments in the heart of Berlin (with free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, a sunny terrace, and much more)
- Many events , such as hosted TechTalks , WebMondays, and team activities
- Flexible working hours
We look forward to receiving your application, including possible starting date.
Please note that applications sent by post will not be processed and cannot be returned.