Would you like to be part of one of the most successful gaming companies in the world, and reach millions and millions of users on a daily basis with the systems you build?
Then we have got the perfect job for you!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at SYBO Games you will be an intricate part of solving the many tough challenges we face when building very ambitious top notch free-to-play games that can stand toe-to-toe with the very best out there. We are convinced that the only way to accomplish this is by putting quality first and by ensuring that we build robust, scalable and highly available systems.
Building backend systems for these games present many different challenges across a wide range of skill sets:
· Build and operate the infrastructure of our live games using various tools and AWS
· Building game services utilizing HTTP based APIs, batch processing and client-server services using Go
· Building game servers that execute game code and facilitate synchronous multiplayer using C# and .NET Core
· While we only require you to be an expert in the devops domain, you must be a well rounded engineer that is both able and willing to take on tasks from any of these areas. We are a small team and we need everyone to be able to step up and have the ability to handle the majority of issues that could pop up - especially those that might directly affect our players.
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for:
Being the primary owner of our cloud infrastructure and ensuring that we are using the right services and systems for the challenges we face across the board
Responsible for the security of our cloud infrastructure
Maintain and optimize our live systems (eg. our Cassandra cluster)
Obviously we need you to be a highly skilled software engineer with a keen sense of details and a firm grasp on creating highly robust, scalable and flexible backend systems.
We expect you to:
· Have extensive experience designing, implementing and maintaining complex cloud infrastructure
· Have operational experience with backend systems and databases at scale
· Know your way around AWS
· Be very comfortable in a Linux based environment and its command line tools (we use Amazon Linux/Ubuntu)
· Have a strong desire to automate everything
· Have a strong developer profile and be proficient in at least one language - and the desire to work with Go and C#
· Know why security matters and how you minimize vulnerabilities in both the code you write and the systems you design
· Be able to keep a cool head under pressure - if an issue pops up in a live production environment we must be able to fix them quickly and efficiently!
· Be fluent in English - both verbally and written
· And, most importantly: have a strong passion for both making and playing games!
Additionally it would be a plus if you also:
· Have a higher education degree in a relevant field
· Have experience with tools like Git, Jenkins, Packer, Ansible, etc.
· Know how to go about benchmarking, stress testing and tuning of complex systems
· Have solid experience working with databases (preferably from both SQL and NoSQL systems)
· Have experience with C# and Unity
· Have deep knowledge about networking and protocols
· Have experience with server authoritative synchronous multiplayer and building game servers
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion - we are the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do. Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!
· Health insurance for every employee
· A pension plan
· Healthy lunch buffet
· Currently 17 nationalities
· Lots of fun - also when working