Senior Game Server Engineer
Copenhagen, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark · Backend Engineering
Would you like to be part of one of the most successful gaming companies in the world, and reach millions and millions of users on a daily basis with the systems you build?
Then we have got the perfect job for you!
As a Senior Game Server Engineer at SYBO Games you will be an intricate part of solving the many tough challenges we face when building very ambitious top notch free-to-play games that can stand toe-to-toe with the very best out there. We are convinced that the only way to accomplish this is by putting quality first and by ensuring that we build robust, scalable and highly available systems.
Building backend systems for these games present many different challenges across a wide range of skill sets:
- Building game servers that execute game code and facilitate synchronous multiplayer using C# and .NET Core
- Building game services utilizing HTTP based APIs, batch processing and client-server services using Go
- Build and operate the infrastructure of our live games using various tools and AWS
While we only require you to be an expert in the game server domain, you must be a well rounded engineer that is both able and willing to take on tasks from any of these areas. We are a small team and we need everyone to be able to step up and have the ability to handle the majority of issues that could pop up - especially those that might directly affect our players.
As a senior game server engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The design and implementation of a generic game server framework written in C#
- Enabling the game engineering teams to build game servers
- Ensure game server code produced is solid, efficient and secure
Obviously we need you to be a highly skilled software engineer with a keen sense of details and a firm grasp on creating highly robust, scalable and flexible backend systems.
We expect you to:
- Have experience with server authoritative synchronous multiplayer and building game servers (without the aid of application servers)
- Have excellent programming skills and solid experience programming C#
- Have experience with lag compensation techniques
- Be very comfortable in a Linux based environment and its command line tools (we use Amazon Linux/Ubuntu)
- Know why security matters and how you minimize vulnerabilities in both the code you write and the systems you design
- Be able to keep a cool head under pressure - if an issue pops up in a live production environment we must be able to fix them quickly and efficiently!
- Be fluent in English - both verbally and written
- And, most importantly: have a strong passion for both making and playing games!
Additionally it would be a plus if you also:
- Have a higher education degree in a relevant field
- Have experience mentoring other engineers
- Have experience within the mobile gaming space
- Have experience with Go
- Have experience working with databases (preferably from both SQL and NoSQL systems)
- Know your way around AWS and experience designing cloud infrastructure
- Have operational experience with backend systems and databases at scale
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion - we are the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do. Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!
We can brag about:
- Having the best office location in Copenhagen
- Giving you a chance to do the work of your life
- Having an informal and creative culture where everybody is heard - We strive for a Synced Community
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 17 nationalities
- Lots of fun - also when working